Thank you to everyone who attended the CISO Summit on November 8th in Boston. If you were not able to make it, we spent the day collaborating on leadership challenges and learning valuable insight from our panel of CISO experts.
- We want to thank our Panelists who shared their past and current challenges as a leader, stories about overcoming obstacles, and advice for their CISO peers.
Brian Haugli, CISO, Hanover Insurance
Dr. David Reis, SVP & CIO, Lahey Health
Eric Hussey, CISO, PTC
Panel Discussion Takeaways:
- Importance of a shared vision between the business and information security
- Placing a higher value on skillsets vs. specific certifications/experience when seeking team members
- How to enable the business and minimize asset loss
- Creating a roadmap and measuring metrics/progress
- Importance of reputational risk within an organization
- Educating the board on your roadmap progress and threats, while keeping communication functional
- Many organizations are placing a higher value on selecting the right cyber insurance
- Challenges around third party vendor management
- Michael Santarcangelo provided insight into proving your leadership, while advancing security
- Next steps- Michael has put together a program for leaders and their teams to work through the steps to solve a pressing issue while each individual works through the Straight Talk course
- Learn more information here: https://securitycatalyst.com/team/
We look forward to seeing you at our next summit in the Spring of 2017.