Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about you, including, but not limited to:
- Information by which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, social security number (SSN), account login, geolocation, race, ethnicity, religion, contents of messages sent, genetic data, biometric information, health data, data pertaining to sexual life or orientation, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information” or “sensitive personal information”);
- Information that is about you but individually does not identify you;
- Information about your internet connection, the equipment (both software and hardware) used to access the Services, and usage details.
We collect this information [(i)] directly from you when you provide it to us, [(ii) automatically as you use the Services (which information may include usage details, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies), and (iii) from third parties, such as our business partners and service providers.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through your use of the Services may include (i) information that you provide about yourself or others by using our Services, including information provided at the time of registering to use our Services (such as name, e-mail address, and all other information that you add to your account), uploading material, or requesting further Services; (ii) records and copies of your correspondence, if you contact us; (iii) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and (iv) details of any transactions that you carry out through the Services.
You also may upload information or materials through the Services, including but not limited to any files, emails, documents, metadata, and/or information from your enterprise resource planning system (“ERP”) (collectively, “Content”).
Content is uploaded at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users and third parties. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that Content will not be viewed by unauthorized persons. This information may be disclosed to third parties under certain circumstances as provided herein.
Information Collected Through Data Tracking Technologies
As you use the Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your devices, browsing actions, and patterns. This includes (i) details of your use of the Services such as traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data, and the resources that you access through the Services, and (ii) information about your devices and internet connection, including, but not limited to, your IP address, location, session types, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Please see “Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information” below for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on the Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking. We have an obligation to abide by your decision to exercise your rights and will not retaliate should you choose to opt out or delete your personal information.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
We may automatically collect and store certain information in our server logs when you use the Services, including details about how you used the Services, IP address, hardware addressing, and additional information specific to your device (such as system activity, hardware settings, browser type, and browser language).
Device Identifiers. We may collect information about your device, such as your operating system, hardware version, device settings, file and software names and types, mobile network information, and device identifiers. This helps us measure how the Services are performing and improve the Services for you on your particular device.
Analytics Data. We may also collect analytics data, or use third-party analytics tools, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These third-party analytics do not collect direct personal information about any user.
Why We Collect Information
The information we collect helps us to improve the Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience, including by enabling us to estimate size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences and enable us to customize our Services according to your individual interests, and recognize you when you return to the Services.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the Services, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Present www.klogixsecurity.com, our Website, and its contents to you.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including, if applicable, for billing and collection.
- Notify you when updates to the Services are available, and about changes to any products or services that we offer or provide.
- Contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you.
Additionally, we may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us in any other way we may describe when you provide the information or for any other purposes with your consent.
Following termination or deactivation of an account, we may retain information and content for backup, archival, audit or other business purposes. All information is purged after seven (7) years or in accordance with applicable laws should identified retention periods be less than seven (7) years. We may maintain anonymized, de-identified or aggregated data, including usage data, for analytics purposes. If you have any questions about data retention or deletion, please e-mail email@example.com.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose anonymized, de-identified or aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information about our users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to or not opted out of these disclosures.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of K logix, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We may also share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly, including with partners or the press, in order to, for example, demonstrate how our Services are used, evaluate industry trends, or to create our marketing materials. Any aggregated information shared this way will not contain any personal information.
Your Choices About Our Use and Disclosure of Your Information
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may review and update your account information by logging into your account and visiting your account profile or settings page. You may exercise your right to delete personal information by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Any third parties with whom data has been shared will be notified of the deletion.
If you delete Content from the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by users.
Amazon Web Services
By using the Services, you agree to be bound by the policies, terms, and agreements of Amazon Web Services.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of the Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call us at 617-860-6485.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any information you provide to us through your use of the Services will be encrypted using industry standard technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your account information and password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information and take reasonable steps to ensure that our Website is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.