Founded in 2001, K logix is a leading information security company in the US. We are conveniently located in Coolidge Corner, Brookline, MA, and easily accessible via the Green line, just minutes from the heart of Boston. We provide security consulting, technology solutions, and integration services to enterprise companies. Our experienced team and established process help enterprise customers make confident security decisions that impact their business goals.
The Security Researchers’ primary responsibility is the evaluation of security technologies. The core of this process is the quantitative scoring of requirements, including both business and technical.
Researcher will validate security products through a variety of means and confidently apply professional judgement. In this role, Researcher will determine how, when and why to use the following requirements evaluation strategies: examine vendor documentation, observe a vendor demo, meet one-on-one vendor solution engineer (SE), and test in our internal lab. In addition, the ability to confidently summarize technical concepts to both non-technical and technical audiences including senior leadership is required.
You Will Need To…
60% Update and/or create new research data:
- Update and “greenification”, of proprietary research data; revisit, validate and adjust as needed.
- Ensure all information is current with new releases, mergers/acquisitions, etc.
- Evaluate competing products/platforms/services. Identify, “sameness and differences,” along with specific strength areas and shortcomings.
30% Internal/Customer meetings and go-to SME:
- Subject matter expert (SME) on researched products/platforms/services, helping sales team and consulting team build understanding on an as-needed basis.
- Attend and respond as a subject matter expert. You will be tasked to confidently convey your professional judgement and opinion.
- Attend vendor trainings, demos, and similar activities/functions (some remote, some onsite).
5% Planning & strategy
- Identify opportunities to advance the research function, contribute to strategy discussions, and collaborate on the development of executable plans.
You Should Have…
- Solid conceptual understanding of; features, functionality and configurable options for software, SaaS, cloud services, etc.
- Experience defining (eliciting, documenting, crafting, refining) business and technical requirements.
- Vendor scorecards, or similar experience; evaluating candidate products/solutions/services against defined requirements.
- Extensive experience working with vendor documentation: technical implementation guides, knowledge bases, and similar sources of highly-technical information.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability and confidence to interface with highly technical audiences as well as C-Level executives.
- The ability to travel onsite to client site: typically, two (2) half-day of onsite customer meetings per month, very occasional overnight travel (less than six nights per year).
Bachelor’s degree (a plus) and/or equivalent real-world experience.
Benefits You Will Receive…
- Paid Time Off
- Commuting Assistance
- Free snacks and drinks
- Flexible schedule with remote work available
- Stipend for home office and cell phone expenses
- Computer for remote business use
- Casual office